- Wash chicken thighs and soak for 20 minutes in a bowl of water and apple cider vinegar to clean
- Grill over medium heat for about 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes
- Move chicken off flame and keep warm; slice through one thigh to make sure it's cooked all the way through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. This also tastes great with fresh lemon juice and oregano!
Roasted Asparagus with Cherry Tomatoes
- Wash a package of cherry tomatoes and place them on a baking sheet. Wash 2 bunches of asparagus and cut off about 1 inch off the bottom of each stem. Place on the same baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.
- Slice 1 eggplant into strips. Wash and cut up one package of mushrooms, one or two green peppers, and 1 red onion. Drizzle with olive oil in a bowl. In a BBQ vegetable pan, cook the veggies over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat once soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
BBQ Green Beans
- Wash raw green beans and drizzle with oil oil. In a BBQ veggie pan, cook green beans until soft on outside, about 20 minutes. If you prefer them softer with less bite, move them to the oven with the asparagus or grill for longer. Season with salt and pepper; this also tastes delicious topped with fresh lemon and sesame seeds.
Grilling is a great way to add flavor to your food with simple seasoning. Chicken thighs are high in iron due to the dark meat they have, and the veggie recipes are all full of essential vitamins and minerals. These dishes work great together or by themselves.